Autore Messaggio

Non connesso
Lumeggiatore

Nome: Massimo Borio

Messaggio mer 28 nov, 2012 4:13 pm     

alby 66 ha scritto:
Attenzione...tenetevi caro il Portal nr 28 perchè a quanto pare è l'ultimo numero...(dopo comunicazione dal forum Wamp a cui sono iscritto)
Alberto

io ho capito che l'ultimo sarà il 30, ma il succo non cambia. I fallimenti di Maelstrom e altri gli hanno causato problemi economici, e l'editor si è cercato un lavoro vero... :D

Profilo  

Non connesso
Dipper

Nome: Alberto

Messaggio mer 28 nov, 2012 10:00 pm     

IMPORTANT NEWS: Portal Magazine.

Hi ,
I wanted to make you aware of an important development regarding Portal.

After Decembers issue of Portal Shane will be stepping down from the magazine and as moderator.

I would like to say thank-you to Shane for his hard work and dedication over the 30 months he has put Portal together. He has been a real driving force behind the magazine and helped make it the No1 free monthly magazine dedicated to Miniature Painting.
So thanks Shane and on behalf of Wamp I wish you all the best.

Unfortunately it also means that as things stand the next issue of Portal will be the last.

I would like to see the magazine continue as I believe in it and its place in the hobby. Its widely regarded around the world and each month its download numbers increase. It helps bring a lot of awareness to Wamp which in turn helps the forum to flourish.

What I want to try and do is put together a team of people that could help produce Portal every month.

What I am looking for is people that can commit each month and are enthusiastic about Portal and Wamp. Whilst a part of the team would need some experience in designing and laying out the magazine (CS5, Adobe Creator,etc) I also need others that could help collate content.

Each member of the team would receive a percentage of the revenue from each issue of Portal.

If you are interested in getting involved please pm me.

I won't lie, it's been a very hard year personally and Wamp has had some bad luck (losing 90% of its income because of Maelstrom and Wayland situations) and now this on top. I have seriously considered shutting it down!!

I do however hope that this development can be used as an opportunity to create an even better Portal Magazine but I can't do it alone. Wamp is full of enthusiastic and generous people that give so much back to the community and I hope a few of you could come together with me and keep Portal going. If not well Bon Voyage and thanks for the memories!

Arrivato il 23 /11...l'ultimo dovrebbe essere il 29 se non trova qualcuno che lo aiuta.

Profilo  

Non connesso
000 Admin
000 Admin

Nome: Alessandro

Messaggio gio 14 feb, 2013 7:52 pm     

Portal vive!

Cita:
It has come to my attention that there are several rumours circulating about Portal Magazine and I would like to clarify the situation.

Firstly I want to assure you that Portal is continuing. I took the decision to skip an issue so we could make sure we had things in place. We are taking this opportunity to redesign Portal a little and bring it up to date. We are gearing the magazine towards digital media rather than print. We are making the magazine work well on Ipad's, tablets and mobile devices to make reading Portal even better.

While the design is changing Portal will on the whole remain pretty much the same. Our mix of news, reviews, tutorials and more will remain. We have a few new things coming in over time but nothing drastic. People love Portal's format so why mess with it!

A big change that was brought about was the opportunity to bring in a team to publish Portal. We have professional Graphic Designers, Journalists and writers on board who will help us really push Portal forward. We endeavour to continue to bring you content from some of the finest artists in the world.

We are currently putting the final touches to issue 30 and it will be hitting the virtual shelves in just over a weeks time.

There have been certain claims made regarding the team behind Figure Painter Magazine. While Figure Painter does have an ex Portal Magazine member Portal is in no way affiliated to Figure Painter magazine, nor is it Portal's successor, it is a completely seperate entity to Wamp and Portal Magazine and is not the current nor original Portal team behind it.

I hope this puts your mind at rest. Portal Magazine is continuing and will come back even better. We will any day now pass 100,000 downloads. We have had so much support from around the world encouraging us and offering help. It really is heartwarming to know Portal is held in such high regard amongst the miniature painting community.

Portal and Wamp aim to help the community, foster mutual support amongst painters and help us all have fun painting miniatures. We don't charge for Portal Magazine as we want to reach as many people as possible .

I would appreciate it if any of you could help spread this statement as far as possible so we can let people know Portal magazine lives on. It really is important.. On facebook,twittre, your blogs, etc

If anyone has any questions please feel free to contact us portal@wampforum.com

If you haven't tried Portal and want to know what all the fuss is about you can do so here:

http://www.wampforum.com/portal

Thanks for all the support

Brett Johnson
Wamp & Portal Founder

Profilo  

Non connesso
Moderatore
Moderatore

Nome: Francesca

Messaggio mar 05 mar, 2013 10:50 am     

ed eccolo qua! N.30 link al download

Immagine

Profilo  

Non connesso
Moderatore
Moderatore

Nome: Francesca

Messaggio mer 05 giu, 2013 6:03 pm     

Portal n. 31!

Immagine

Profilo  

Non connesso
000 Admin
000 Admin

Nome: Andrea

Messaggio lun 22 lug, 2013 3:45 pm     

Portal 32

...e soprattutto

Portal 33

Immagine

con in copertina il Cyanolith di Thor e all'interno un suo articolo sulla realizzazione e un'intervista a Paul Bonner

Profilo  

Non connesso
000 Admin
000 Admin

Nome: Andrea

Messaggio lun 07 ott, 2013 9:35 am     

Portal 34 disponibile per il download

Immagine

Profilo  

Non connesso
Moderatore
Moderatore